Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #1 - This is Where it Ends

Waiting on Wednesday



"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.

This week's pick is:

 Title: This is Where it Ends
Author: Marieke Nijkamp
ISBN: 9781492622468
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Publication Date: January 5, 2016

From Barnes and Noble:

10:00 a.m.
The principal of Opportunity, Alabama's high school finishes her speech, welcoming the entire student body to a new semester and encouraging them to excel and achieve.
10:02 a.m.
The students get up to leave the auditorium for their next class.
10:03
The auditorium doors won't open.
10:05
Someone starts shooting.
Told over the span of 54 harrowing minutes from four different perspectives, terror reigns as one student's calculated revenge turns into the ultimate game of survival.

~*~

Why this is on my list:

As depressing, and weird as it is, I have an unending want to read every book I can find which deals with school shootings.  Jodi Picoult's Nineteen Minutes and Dave Cullen's Columbine are two books I can, and have, reread multiple times.  So, when I first heard about Nijkamp's This is Where it Ends, I knew it had to be added to my TBR list.

I'll balance out this week's pick by sharing a super fluffy, feel good novel I'm eager to read. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment